design consultation information
Thank you for your inquiry and interest in working with us. We are very excited to share our knowledge and passion for design and to help create spaces that suit your wants, needs and aesthetic.
To begin each project, KMSalter Design offers a 2 hour in-home initial consultation. This can be a one-time meeting or an introduction to a project ahead. Please read the following information below on how this process works.
What can you expect from this consultation?
* Any space can be discussed during this meeting. This time is yours so use the 2 hours any way you wish! We can discuss one room, many or review floor plans for a new build. It’s up to you!
* Detailed notes will be taken for you to have. These will allow you to execute the given ideas on your own or they will be used by us for the project to come.
* Sketches are drawn by hand to help layout spaces, or to explain conceptual design ideas. If CAD drawings are required, these will be created after the consultation and charged at an hourly rate (explained below).
* Paint decks are always on hand for us to select specific colours.
* KMSalter Design can help source finishes, furniture or other products during the meeting, if that’s how you wish to use your time. KMSD will also share their knowledge of local trades, product showrooms and stores which they continually use and trust.
What do you need to do to prepare for the consultation?
* Create a list of questions or priorities you wish to cover during the meeting. It's easy to forget as lots of information is covered, so it's nice to have this list for reference.
*If you have any floor plans, elevations or cabinetry layouts, please have a copy printed for the meeting. Ideally, one we can mark up.
* Round up any images that help explain/portray your design aesthetic and/or dream spaces. Often, these are great for a jumping off point!
* If you are further along in your project, have any finish samples on hand. Having the actual sample is often better than seeing a photograph of the product.
* Have a budget in mind. This allows us to help steer you in the right direction in terms of sourcing, etc.
How much does this cost and what if you need more time?
For this consultation, it's a one-time fee of $495+HST (travel fees may apply) and is paid for via email transfer at the end of the consultation. If you need any additional time (and we are able to stay longer), our hourly rate will apply.
What if you want KMSalter Design to execute your design/project?
Moving forward, you will work with KMSD at an hourly rate of $150/hr. We will go further into this in person if you decide to go this route. This can be decide after the consultation.
How do I book a consultation?
To book a consultation, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you with available times to book. If you have any questions, please email Krista at email@example.com or leave a comment below.
Design Consult booking form
Thank you so much for your time! We look forward to making your design dreams come true :)